The SK2 ENGLISH curriculum aims to:
• Expose students to English through a variety of text, materials and activities
• Nurture love and confidence in learning English
• Guide students to explore the fun of learning English
• Let students learn from mistakes and encourage trials
• Immerse them in a rich and quality language environment
• Show them good language models with positive attitudes
• Help them open the door of the world by acquiring English
To achieve our goals, we:
• adopt a variety of authentic and interesting learning materials;
• plan and design interactive tasks to engage students in using English in meaningful contexts;
• foster reading habits by providing students with easy access to English books;
• have the NET organise fun-filled and interesting language activities during breaks and morning assemblies to encourage language use outside the classrooms;
• create a print-rich language environment for raising children’s awareness of English; and
• offer children good language models by having EVERYONE, from Principal to janitors, to speaks up in English every Friday.
We hope to develop every SK2 child to be a life-long learner who is eager to explore the world of knowledge with confidence of using the global language, English.